Saturday, October 4, 2008

Raya Mode still going strong!

I can't believe my last post was on July 7th! But here I am again..

I want to tell u how awesome an Eid I had! I can't believe I wanted to stay in the States to work and miss all the Hari Raya fun back in Malaysia. Actually, I can't believe how much I missed out on Raya! The preparations, the jalan raya with friends (convoy perhaps), the visiting relatives, the gossipping (or more politely known as catching up), etc..

So much fun!

But the sad thing was that in 4 years I've missed out on this "family gatherings" people tend to forget faces they don't see often. I've been called my sister's name, my cousin's name and asked numerous times who I was. And it doesn't help that I don't live in Semenanjung (where the rest of my mum's family and sisters live). So I don't socialize with these few ppl much. Oh well, u lose some, u gain some..

So tomorrow's my family's Raya Open House. I hope to see ppl I haven't seen in ages! And hopefully, I'll get back and share some silly story here and there..

No comments: