Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Some Malaysians are Nice..

What do ppl who has lived outside of Malaysia complain about the people here?

U know for some reason I can't remember much of my complaining, but one of them could be the driving and the lack of manners, and sometimes the heat.. But it's part of who I am now.

I think an earlier blog was about how I found Malaysians to be rude, but putting that aside, some Malaysians are pretty decent people! Here are some examples that somehow makes me proud as a Malaysian.. LOL!

So I lost my IC when I went to the weekly wet market with my parents. I knew I lost it there, and I didn't make a fuss out of it. I didn't want to hear the nagging, the "responsibility talk" yada yada yada.. But that's not the point! Some random guy found my IC, and was so sweet and responsible enough that he actually sent it to my house by hand! Meanwhile I was contemplating on how to break the news to my parents. There, no need to tell them, they already know!!

And I'm not the only one apparently who has been in similar situation. A friend of mine lost his IC and someone actually returned it to him at his house (and his house is like dalam ceruk mana entah!)

A different event was me trying to help by just being there for a friend whose tire went pancit. I have limited knowledge on how u go on about changing a flat motorcycle tire. So here we were contemplating what to do. And this young man asked if we needed help. My friend, being a bit skeptical said nothing, so I said, "yeah.. We have a problem. That tire there is flat!" He offered to take the wheel off, and bring it to a tire shop to get it fixed! I'm like.. Is there actually such nice ppl in Malaysia? But I think I'm lacking the doubting/pessimism of ppl of a typical Malaysian.

But he came back with the tire (if anyone was wondering)!!

See, there are nice ppl in Malaysia!!

No comments: